Wednesday, January 2, 2013

My Quilting Resolutions / Goals for 2013

Hey everyone I bet you thought that I was already going to miss one of my resolutions.  Nope I am here today, maybe a little later than I wanted it to be. but I made it two days in a row... by I'm on a roll... lol....
Anyways, for my 2013 Quilting Resolutions / Goals.. I am putting goals there, because for some reason when I put Goals down I seem to get them done, rather than resolutions.
 
1)  Learn New Skills -Alyssa at Pile o' Fabric is doing a Skill Builder BOM.
The BOM will have a total of 20 blocks, 2 blocks per month.  On Thursday, January 17th, 2013 she will post the first lesson, each lesson will be posted on the the 3rd Thursday of the month.
Here are the techniques that she will be working through:
  • Basic Patchwork Piecing
  • Impro Piecing
  • Strip Piecing
  • Foundation Paper Piecing
  • English Paper Piecing
  • Curves Piecing
  • Applique
  • Pixel Piecing
  • Log Cabin Piecing.
January through October she will be piecing all quilting the blocks. In November will be adding the borders and in December she will be piecing the blocks and borders together!
Go to Pile o' Fabric and see all the information.
 
2) Continue working on my FMQ (Free Motion Quilting) - Leah Day 
at  The Free Motion Quilting is doing "Express Your Love"
 Leah has a great video on what to look forward too. Check out her link above.
I have taken one of Leah's Craftsy class and she is a wonderful teacher.
I am looking forward to 2013 with her FMQ.
 
3) Social - I know you asking what??? What I mean for this is to be
more active in my Modern Quilting Guild
and start going to the different shows in the area, just mainly
get out of my comfort zone and go out and meet other quilters.
 
4) My Own Designs - This one is a big one for me....
I am wanting to work on some of my own designs and actual get it from the
computer and into a quilt.  I did do 2 in 2012 (last year) which I will post
pictures later.  I also want to start working on a quilt to
enter into a major show.
 
 
Ok those are my Resolutions/Goals for 2013. I don't think that
they are that bad to keep up with. It's just making sure that I do them...
Oh I almost forgot one... it could go under #3 Social, that is to at
least post something every day to my blog... it could be about anything.
 
I know that I actually typed a lot tonight.  Just wait till tomorrow,
I will have lots of pictures to post. 
I got 20 or more yards of fabric for Christmas that I washed, ironed,
folded and put away, but more about that tomorrow.
Have a great night until tomorrow.
Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...