Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year "2014"

Happy New Year to everyone. Sure hope 2014 is a better year for me on blogging, I started off pretty good. But then life hit and it was a while before I blogged.

This year I am doing a BOM for my Modern Quilt Guild. So each month I will be posting the blocks on here. This will be paper piecing. Come back on the first Thursday of each month and I will be posting the blocks.


My husband was great this year for Christmas and really listened to what I wanted. I needed a new camera so that I could get better pictures of my quilts in progress. I always wanted a serger, this is a great beginner one I believe, I have already made two quilts with it so far. (pictures following). He also made this thread holder for me. I had all my thread in a large basket. Now I can see them all on the wall.  Then, he purchased all the misc. items that I mentioned that I would like to have. He even went to a quilt shop and got me some fat quarters. A year ago he had no idea what a fat quarter was.  I love it that my husband supports my hobby.



Here are the two quilts that I made with the serger.
Front and Back - Quilt as you go.

Front and Back




I have been quilting/sewing even though I haven't posted much.  Here are a couple other items that I made before Christmas. I made a weekend tote for my mother-in-law, some fabric scrap baskets, I found this fat quarter bag pattern that I had to try (the small one is great for gift cards, made from a 5" square). And, then I have been working on the Bonnie Hunter's Celtic Solstice Mystery!


I believe this will be all for tonight. I will be back tomorrow to post the BOM.
Happy New Year again.
Until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...