Thursday, May 29, 2014

May, May where have you gone!!!

I can not believe that May is almost over, this month went by so fast.  I said that I would let you all know what I have been up too this month, since I didn't post anything (I can't believe that).

First off, at the end of April, my husband and I went to Paducah KY for the Quilt Show.  While we where there he bought me a new machine...

Isn't she lovely, I haven't given her a name yet.

Of course I had to get a table for her to sit on.
 


 Here is some of the goodies that I got with the machine also




So I really haven't been quilting to much this month, mostly playing with my new machine.  On my next post I will show all the blocks that I did do with my machine.  Right now here is Ellie the Elephant that I made for my granddaughter, she is due around June 28th, can't wait for her arrival.  They are stationed in South Korea. So I actually wont get to see her in person until November. I can't wait.  




I also took a knitting class this month learned how to make a washcloth.. It was a fun class at
The Lady In Thread she offers a variety of handmade items, with a modern twist. You should check out her Etsy shop she has some really cool fabric and some modern books.



May, was also my husbands birthday, which happened to fall on Mothers Day, so his mother come and spent the weekend with us.  I don't think that we have been home one weekend in the month of May except for when his mother come down.  I am hoping that the month of June will be the month that I can just hide away in my sewing room on the weekends and sew my little heart out.  We will see if that happens.  This weekend we are going to visit my parents which is about an hour and half away. So I don't think that I will get to sew until Sunday afternoon... :)


Come back June 1st and I will be posting my last two BOM Blocks and will be showing some pictures of the blocks that I completed in the month of May.
Until then, 

Keep Quilting! UCanQuilt2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...